Winter Weather Recovery
Across Texas, United Ways are supporting their respective communities as they respond and recover from the February winter disaster. At United Ways of Texas, we prioritize connecting donors and corporate partners to those local United Ways directly.
How you can help
- Review the list below and contribute to local United Ways’ Winter Weather recovery funds/efforts
- Click here to connect to a United Way in your community
- Reach out to United Ways of Texas if you would like assistance connecting with or supporting specific communities or regions with response and recovery during this disaster
Local United Ways throughout Texas that are raising funds to aid the winter weather recovery in their community (as of Monday, Feb.22nd):
- Nacogdoches Area United Way - Disaster Recovery Fund
- United Way of Abilene - Texas UW February Winter Weather Recovery Fund
- United Way of Calhoun County - Winter Weather Relief Fund or text "CALHOUN" to 26989 to donate now.
- United Way of Central Texas - Winter Weather Recovery Fund – Contribute by texting WINTERUWCT to 41444
- United Way of Denton County - Texas Winter Storm Disaster Relief Fund
- United Way of Grayson County - Winter Weather Relief Fund
- United Way of Greater Houston - Click here to help the most vulnerable across Harris, Montgomery, Fort Bend, and Waller counties take care of their basic needs, like food and shelter, and recover from the Texas Severe Winter Storm.
- United Way of Tarrant County - Emergency Relief Fund
- United Way of the Coastal Bend - Winter Storm Disaster Relief Fund
- Local Community Resources – 2-1-1 Texas: Dial 2-1-1 or from a mobile phone, (877) 541-7905 or 211texas.org
- Power - Public Utilities Commission electric outage map. Also, follow ERCOT on social media for updates on power: @ERCOT_ISO
- Roads - For up-to-date road conditions across the state: drivetexas.org
If you have any specific weather or disaster-related questions or needs, please do reach out to Greg Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-694-2872.